Home for Good is an exciting, volunteer powered pan-London project. We aim to reduce the isolation that clients often experience when they are resettled, and thereby reduce the number of people who abandon their accommodation and return to the streets. Through the involvement of volunteers, the service empowers clients to put down roots and thrive in their new communities.
About this Role
We are looking for a committed, confident and resilient volunteer to help improve our communication with clients who are accessing the Home for Good scheme. This role would be perfect for someone looking to gain experience of working with this client group.
Tasks will include:
- Contacting all Home for Good clients on a rolling, regular basis for check-ins about how things are going with their Home for Good volunteer.
- Flagging up any client concerns with your supervisor and following up with issues as necessary.
- Conducting introductory meetings between Home for Good volunteers and Home for Good clients (on an ad hoc basis)
- Conducting client reviews and inputting feedback into the Home for Good database
- Meeting in person with clients on an individual basis where necessary
- You’re compassionate, kind and non-judgemental
- You’re committed and reliable, confident and resilient
- You’re patient and able to motivate and engage others
- You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- You have excellent communication and listening skills
- You have a genuine commitment to working to empower clients with complex and multiple issues
- You have a sense of initiative and you’re able to work in a self-directed way
- You have good admin skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office & data entry
- You have experience of working with this client group (desirable)
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Support and supervision to help you carry out your role
- Travel expenses in line with our Finance Policy
Complete and return an applicaiton form to the Volunteer Team at email@example.com
If you need any other information about the role or the application process, feel free to phone on 0207 592 1863 to chat to the team.
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL
Download application form: Word