Monday - 8am - 2pm
Tuesday - 8am - 1pm
Wednesday - 8am - 3.30pm
Thursday 8am - 1pm
Friday 8am - 3.30pm
The Primary Services Team is responsible for the provision of immediate services, meals, clothing and laundry.
About this Role
Living on the street makes it very difficult to keep clothes clean. The Passage is able to provide a speedy laundry service in our Resource Centre. Laundry Volunteers will help to manage the Laundry Service – washing, drying and returning items of clothing to clients.
This volunteer role will also support the Clothing Store by helping to provide new clothes and shoes to clients who need them. This part of the role might require sorting through donations and washing them ready for clients to wear.
This is a very important role and great for someone with a day to spare who wishes to volunteer on the frontline of homelessness services.
Tasks will include:
- Liaise with staff and clients to provide a timely and orderly laundry service
- Operating laundry machines
- Folding a sorting clients’ clothes
- Operating the Clothing Store
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to work within professional boundaries
- Great time management
- Confident operating on your own and within a team
- Good people skills
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Travel expenses reimbursed ine line with our finance policy
- Supervision by the Primary Services Manager & support from the Volunteering Team
Complete the Volunteer Application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to email@example.com or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL