Thursday - 7.15am - 12pm OR 12pm - 5pm
Saturday - 8.30am - 12pm
Sunday - 8.30am - 12pm
You must be available to volunteer for at least 6 months.
The Hospitality Team are responsible for ensuring the centre is a safe and welcoming environment for clients, volunteers and staff. The team provides the initial contact for clients entering the Resource Centre and establishes the needs of clients by way of informal engagement and initial assessments. They tell clients what services are available and how to access them. The team also monitors the health and safety of the Resource Centre.
About this Role
Cloakroom volunteers manage the cloakroom area, providing a high-quality and efficient service to our clients. This is a busy role with lots of client contact. If you're interested in engaging with clients on the front line, then this is the role for you!
Tasks will include:
- Checking client belongings in and out of the cloakroom
- Responding to client enquiries and signposting them to the right area of the Resource Centre
- Compassion and a non-judgemental attitude
- Commitment and reliability
- Patience and an ability to motivate others
- An ability to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- A friendly and warm personality with an understanding of our clients' situations
- Assertiveness with an ability to deal with challenging behaviour
What you can expect:
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our finance policy
- A full induction and training for your role
- Support and supervision to help you carry out your role
Complete and return the Volunteer Application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring form to email@example.com
Once your application had been processed, you will be required to attend an informal interview. If you are successful, you will be required to undergo a DBS check.
For questions about the role or application process, please call the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863.
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL