We are hoping to recruit a pool of five volunteers who each have availability on one day and can be called upon when required. The exact number of bookings varies slightly week on week.
The space is managed by our Venue Manager who will supervise you.
About this Role
Cathedral View is the name of our high spec conference suite. We hire it out to various external organisations for meetings, training days, receptions and private functions. The venue has its own dedicated website and we expect the number of bookings to increase this year. As a Conference Centre Assistant Volunteer, you will support our Venue Manager when the space is booked to ensure the best possible experience for our clients.
Behind the scenes you'll set up the space as per the client's specification, lay out and serve catering (tea, coffee and sandwich or hot lunch), wash up any crockery and glasses and carry out stock checks to ensure we don't run out of tea, coffee, biscuits etc. You'll also greet guests in reception and show them to the conference suite and carry out viewings to prospective clients so a professional but friendly deameanour is essential.
This role is suited to someone with previous hospitality or customer service experience who is confident but unobtrusive and willing to roll up their sleeves when it comes to the practical tasks.
This role is subject to interview.
Tasks will include:
- Setting up space - laying out tables, chairs, cups, saucers, glasses
- Catering - filling thermos with hot water,making coffee, filling water jugs, laying hot and cold lunches
- Clearing down space - loading dishwasher, washing up, stacking chairs
- Stock checking supplies to be reordered
- Greeting clients and showing them where to go
- Carrying out tours for prospective clients
- Able bodied - you'll need to lift chairs, wheel catering trolley
- Confident and approachable
- Smartly presented
- Able to act professionaly and provide high quality customer experience
- Able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our Finance Policy
- Lunch if you volunteer for five hours or more
- Full training from Venue Manager
- Support from Volunteering Team
Complete and return the Volunteer Application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring form to email@example.com
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL