12pm - 5pm Monday to Friday (weekly or fortnightly)
Minimum commitment of 6 months.
The Warm Welcome Team are responsible for ensuring the centre is a safe and welcoming environment for clients, volunteers and staff. The team provides the initial contact for clients entering the Resource Centre centre and establishes the needs of clients by way of informal engagement and initial assessments. They tell clients what services are available and how to access them. They provide support with the laudary services, clothing store and cloakroom. The team also monitors the health and safety of the Resource Centre.
About this Role
Warm Welcome volunteers are a pivitol part of the Hospitality Team. Acting with compassion and kindness, volunteers engage, encourage, and support clients during their time in the Resource Centre.
Tasks will include:
- Provide a warm welcome for clients as they come in from the street
- Operating the Information Desk, e.g. providing clients with information about services, handing out brunch or clothing store vouchers
- Supporting the laundry service, clothing store, and cloakroom
- Engaging with clients in an informal way and making the Resource Centre a welcoming place
- Encouraging clients to get involved in activities, e.g. possibly board games, playing cards, watching films, reading papers etc.
- Reliable and punctual
- Interest in working with vulnerable adults
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- A non-judgmental and empathetic approach to our clients
- Polite but assertive - volunteers need to be able to say 'no' when necessary
- Calm and level headed under pressure
- Able to work within professional boundaries
- Confident in an environment which might present challenging behaviours
What you can expect:
- Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed
- An induction into The Passage
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Free meal during specified meal times
Application form, 2 references, informal meeting and DBS (criminal record check)
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to email@example.com or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL