About this Role
The Passage/Goring Get Into Hospitality training is being delivered in partnership The Passage, The Goring, Park Plaza & Westminster Kingsway College for clients that are experiencing or have experienced homelessness. The course consists of a one week taster week followed by a 10 week level one introduction into the hospitality industry. The training incorporates cookery skills, customer service, food service as well as preparation for the workplace.
This role will involve the support in the day to day running of the programme as well as offering support and encouragement to the trainees on the course. No one day is the same & can be very varied, from supervising a kitchen session, to accompanying clients on an external visit, to offering support and encouragement to individual clients on the course.
Tasks will include:
- Provide ongoing support to clients participating in the programme, providing encouragement and additional support where necessary
- Support external hospitality trainers and facilitators during the training.
- Support the setup of the training room and provide support when using other training areas.
- Maintain positive relationships with local employers in the hospitality industry to facilitate the move from training into employment
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgmental attitude
- Reliability and willingness to commit to regular shifts
- Patience and ability to engage with others
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- Demonstrate an interest in education, training & employment within the homelessness sector & an awareness of the barriers this client group may face.
- Demonstrate an interest in the hospitality industry (not essential.)
- Ability to be flexible & adaptable depending on the needs of the programme.
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision by Hospitality Training Project Co-ordinator
- Free meal if you volunteer for five hours or contribution to lunch costs
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
Complete the application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to email@example.com
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL