We need one or two new volunteers in each shift: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
As The Passage relies on volunteers for service delivery, we are looking for volunteers who can commit to volunteering once a week or fortnight.
The Primary Services Team is responsible for the provision of our laundry services and breakfast and lunch services. Kitchen Support Volunteers are supervised by Primary Services Manager (chef).
About this Role
You will form part of a team of six volunteers who are supervised by a chef who is a member of staff to make sure that breakfast service runs as efficently as possible.
What skills so I need to be a brilliant Kitchen Support Volunteer?
• Able bodied - there is lifting & carrying involved & you will be on your feet for the duration of the shift
• Adaptable, ability to do what needs need doing and switch between duties
• A positive and cheery approach to customer service
• Supportive and confident in nature
• Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgemental attitude
• Ability to remain calm in a busy environment
• Organised and able to perform tasks in a systematic way
• Solution focused and calm when things to do not go to plan
• Willingness to commit to regular shifts
• Adhere to The Passage values and kitchen safety practices.
Tasks will include:
- Serving food from the service counter
- Operating the till, taking money and vouchers
- Preparing tea and coffee
- Collecting dirty dishes from the dining hall
- Rinsing plates and loading/unloading the dishwasher
- Pot washing by hand
- Cleaning and sanitizing tables in the dining room and work surfaces in the kitchen
- Putting clean dishes/pots/cutlery away
- Wrapping cutlery in napkins ready the next day
- Contributing to an cohesive working environment in the kitchen
- Engaging with clients and contributing to a non judgmental welcoming environment
- Able bodied - there is lifting & carrying involved & you will be on your feet for the duration of the shift
- Adaptable, ability to do what needs need doing and switch between duties
- A positive and cheery approach to customer service
- Supportive and confident in nature
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgemental attitude
- Ability to remain calm in a busy environment
- Organised and able to perform tasks in a systematic way
- Solution focused and calm when things to do not go to plan
- Willingness to commit to regular shifts
- Adhere to The Passage values and kitchen safety practices
- Willingness to undertake food hygiene training
What you can expect:
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our finance policy
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- References on completetion of three months of volunteering
- Free lunch after the service has ended
- Supervision by the Primary Services Manager & support from the Volunteering Team
Fill out an application form and return it to the Volunteer Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any other information about the role or the application process, feel free to phone on 0207 592 1863 to chat to the team.
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to email@example.com or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL
Download application form: Word