The Primary Services Team is responsible for the provision clothing, meals and laundry.
About this Role
The laundry and clothing store are based in the same part of the building and clients can access services( hand n laundry, get clothing, towels and toiletries) through a hatch. You will help with taking items in that need to be laundered and giving laundry back to clients. You will also hand out towels and toiletries for clients who want to use our showers. Clothes are either paid for by clients who have an income (heavily subsidized) or clients are given a clothing voucher they can use. Part of the role might require sorting through donations and washing them ready for clients to wear.
This is a very important role and great for someone with a day to spare who wishes to volunteer on the frontline of homelessness services.
Tasks will include:
- Operating washing machines
- Folding a sorting clients’ clothes
- Handing out towels and toiletries
- Helping clients to find clothing
- Aged 18 or over
- Confident communicator
- You’re confident in an environment which might present challenging behaviours
- You’re non-judgmental and can demonstrate empathy for our clients
- You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- Ability to work within professional boundaries
What you can expect:
- Supervision from our laundry worker
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our finance policy
- Volunteer induction into The Passage
Complete the Volunteer Application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to email@example.com
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL
Download application form: