The shift is 9.00am - 1pm
The Health Team is made up of project workers who specialise in mental health and substance misuse and NHS employees who provide primary health services to our clients, including nurses, a doctor, podiatrist and counsellor. The team also offers complementary therapy such as acupuncture through other partnerships and volunteers.
About this Role
In this role you would engage with clients and manage the client appointment list for the nurses and doctors. You would also assist the NHS team with additional tasks as and when necessary.
What does the role involve?
• Keeping a list of appointments
• Keeping track of clients throughout the Resource Centre so they can easily be found for their appointments
• Calling clients in when the health team is ready to see them
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Contributing to a positive and welcoming environment
How often do I need to volunteer?
As The Passage relies on volunteers for service delivery, we are looking for volunteers who can commit to volunteering once a week
Tasks will include:
- Keeping a list of appointments
- Keeping track of clients in the Day Centre to ensure they are available for their appointment
- Calling clients in as and when the nurse/doctor is ready to see them
- Assist to maintain confidentiality/privacy of the clients
- Committed – you’re able to volunteer on a weekly basis - essential
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- Good communication skills and friendly approach. Able to approach people
- A positive attitude and empathy for our clients
- Ability to work within professional boundaries
- Previous experience of work in the health/social care sector would be beneficial but is not essential
What you can expect:
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our finance policy
- Supervision from the Health Team & support from the Volunteering Team
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
How to apply:
Complete the Volunteer Application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to email@example.com or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL