Each session will last approx 3 hours
About this Role
We are looking for committed individuals with excellent communication skills to engage with members of the public and local businesses to explain what The Passage does.
Full training will be provided where you will learn all about our services as well as other homeless support services in Westminster.
We are hoping to recruit a pool of volunteers who can be called upon a few times over the curse of the year.
Tasks will include:
- Setting up stall (up table, backdrop and banner) in public and corporate spaces
- Engaging with members of the public to inform them of the Passage Resource Centre and wider Westminster homeless services
- Handing out leaflets, flyers and cards that advertise to work we do
- Sign-posting rough sleepers to The Passage Resource Centre
- Dismantling stall and bringing materials back to The Passage
- Non judgemental
- Ability to learn and retain information accurately
- Confident speaker and willingness to engage with the general public
- Ability to remain calm and professional when faced with potential antagonism
- A genuine desire for informing members of the public about the services and aims of The Passage and neighbouring organisations.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and perform tasks by yourself
- Ability to represent The Passage in a way that would not damage our reputation
- Ability to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Travel Expenses reimbursed according to our Finance Policy
- Full training provided
Complete and return the Volunteer Application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring form to email@example.com
For further information about the role please contact Josh, Community Liaison Officer, on 020 7592 1887
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL
Download application form: Word