The Assessment and Advice Team are responsible for assessing clients’ needs and determining how those needs can be met. The team also provides housing advice, making referrals into accommodation and advocating on clients behalf when they may be entitled to statutory housing provision.
About this Role
We are looking for volunteers who are flexible and can be called on at short notice. Supporting the teams tenancy sustainment work, you could be called on to spend a few hours attending a viewing with a client, or a whole day helping with a move, or popping in to the Resource Centre to make a few phone calls to check in with clients.
Tasks will include:
- Attending viewings with clients and using a viewing checklist to help make an objective assessment of an offer of private rented accommodation.
- Support clients on moving day
- Helping with shopping to get someone settled on their first day
- Supporting clients during their first few weeks in accommodation
- Helping to register with a GP
- Finding local facilities and amenities
- Working closely with the team to alert them to any concerns with the property or other issues
- You’re compassionate, kind and non-judgemental
- You’re committed, reliable and punctual
- You’re patient and able to motivate and engage others
- You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- You’re interested in working with vulnerable adults with a variety of support needs
- You’re polite but assertive and confident when dealing with challenging behaviours
- You’re calm and level-headed under pressure
- You’re confident in an environment which might present challenging behaviours
What you can expect:
- A straightforward approach to volunteering
- A full induction and training for your role
- Support and supervision to help you carry out your role
- Free meals if you volunteer over meal times and expenses to help with your travel costs
Application form, two references, a DBS (Criminal Records Check) and attendance at a Volunteer Training and Induction session.
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL
Download application form: Word