We're looking for two volunteers who can commit to two Sundays a month each.
You can do more is you wish!
We don't want anymore than than two maintain a level of familairty amongst our clients.
Passage House is a rapid response Assessment Hub aimed to support new rough sleepers with no local connection to Westminster, to find a suitable pathway for them to sustain a life off the streets. For a lot of people this will mean returning to their home area and reconnecting with family or support networks. Residents can stay for a maximum of 28 days.
About this Role
What will I be doing?
• Discussing todays topics, newspaper articles and general chit chat
• Providing a safe environment in our reception / communal enabling residents to participate
• Writing up daily record sheets detailing interactions with clients
• Setting up the session: putting out food and making cups of tea
Tasks will include:
- Buying a selction of newspapers, tabloids and broadsheets on your way in (you will be reimbursed)
- Preparing tea and coffee
- Welcome clients to the session
- Sitting and reading the papers with residents of Passage House
- Aged 18 or over
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgmental attitude
- Reliability and willingness to commit to regular shifts
- You’re patient and able to motivate and engage others
- You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
Complete the application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to email@example.com
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL