The Home for Good Project provides ongoing support to formerly homeless people who have been resettled into their own accommodation. The purpose of the service is both to help people to sustain their tenancies and to help them to settle into what will often be a new community. Through providing ongoing and holistic support at a local level we hope to reduce the number of people who return to the street after moving into accommodation.
The Home for Good Social Club provides a space for former clients of The Passage who are now in their own accommodation to meet, participate in a range of activities, and link into a wider range of support networks. In addition to socializing, we try to look after our clients in order to improve their well-being.
About this Role
We would love to have someone come once a fortnight or month to offer our members haircuts. Most of our members are male but we have a few women as well who may just need a trim. We have clippers but no haircutting scissors at present so you would need to use your own at first. We have clipper-side and a cape.
Tasks will include:
- Providing haircuts and styling, including beards, however no need to shave
- Interacting closely with clients
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- OWN HAIRCUTTING SCISSORS (we will get a pair, so this is important only for the initial period) – essential
- Own public liability insurance – essential, we will need to see a copy of this
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non judgmental attitude
- Reliability and willingness to commit to regular shifts
- Confident communicator
- You’re proactive and have an ability to use initiative
- Patience and ability to engage with others
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision by Sunday Social Club Coordinator
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
Complete the application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session.
For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Home for Good team on 0207 592 1873
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to email@example.com or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL