We are also seeking Drivers who can help us with moving clients into new accommodation on an ad hoc basis on weekday afternoons. Client moves are arranged as and when they happen.
The Primary Services Team is responsible for the provision of our laundry services and breakfast and lunch services.
About this Role
Our Volunteer Drivers are accompanied by a Drivers Mate and go out every weekday morning to collect food donations from across London that we use in our kitchen. We also receive donations of clothing and food from our various corporate supporters in London, particularly from October - mid January.
Drivers also help us to move clients into new accommodation and with our fundraising events which also involve using the van.
You must hold a full UK driving license for at least 3 years and be aged 25 years old or over to drive our van.
This is a physically demanding role that requires a certain level of strength and fitness, and would suit anyone who is enthusiastic and likes to be out and about.
Tasks will include:
- Drive our transit van around London to collect food from regular donors
- Unload the donations at The Passage
- Support client moves by moving their belongings and furniture when they find accommodation
- Full clean UK driving licence for at least 3 years - essential
- Aged 25 or over - essential for driving our van
- Confidence driving around London - essential
- Available on Tuesday mornings - essential
- Physically fit as the role involves some lifting - essential
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgemental attitude
- Ability to adhere to professional boundaries
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction into The Passage
- Shadow shift with an existing Volunteer Driver
- Travel expenses reimbursed in line with our finance policy
- A friendly environment and a rewarding experience
Complete the application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to email@example.com
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL