Help us to ensure homeless people don’t return to the streets when the coronovirus crisis subsides
At a time of real crisis for London’s street homeless, we worked to rapidly move those who were street homeless into temporary accommodation. We worked with local hotel groups and the council to make this happen quickly and effectively and literally hundreds were helped off the streets overnight.
But now, as the country comes out of lockdown this July, we face one of our biggest challenges in our 40-year history – how to prevent hundreds of homeless people that have been helped off the streets during the pandemic from returning to the streets once the crisis subsides.
Our Urgent House Our Homeless Appeal aims to:
- Move all homeless clients currently residing in emergency accommodation into sustainable accommodation in the private rented sector, so that they are not forced to return to the streets when the coronavirus crisis subsides.
- Provide clients with ‘Move-on Packs’ containing household essentials such as a bed, kettle and microwave (because private rentals are often unfurnished) as well as a mobile or laptop for staying connected to The Passage so they can get further support to secure their future.
If we are successful, this would result in a huge reduction in the number of people sleeping rough on the streets of Westminster.
Concerned about someone sleeping rough?
Notify StreetLink by visiting streetlink.org.uk, use the mobile app,
or call 0300 500 0914
- Mary Berry supports The Passage’s campaign to feed London’s homelessMary Berry has answered The Passage’s call for support towards their Donate Your Dinner campaign to feed London’s homeless during the pandemic. Her recipe for…
- The Passage responds to MHCLG’s £105m funding announcement to support the housing of rough sleepers taken off the streets during the pandemicResponding to today’s announcement from the Ministry of Housing,Communities & Local Government (MHCLG), Mick Clarke, The Passage’s CEO said: “The Passage welcomes today’s announcement. This…
- The Passage’s virtual Garden Party raises over £10,000We are incredibly grateful to everyone who joined our virtual Garden Party on Friday evening. 643 people tuned in, all helping to make our first…