Our mission and values
Our mission is to provide resources which encourage, inspire and challenge homeless people to transform their lives.
The Passage takes its values and ethos from the teachings and example of St Vincent De Paul, a Christian and social reformer, who co-founded the Daughters of Charity in 1633. Vincent believed in action rather than words and in hands-on service to vulnerable people.
As a Vincentian organisation, The Passage strives to be inclusive; encompassing a diverse and rich culture from among our members, clients, volunteers and staff. Actively working with others across all aspects of society, seeking to have influence and be an advocate for homeless people, The Passage seeks to be a place of hope, aspiration, change and innovation, underpinned by values that reach back over 400 years.
This approach is reflected in our core values set out below:
- We assist homeless people to realise their own potential to transform their lives.
- We act with compassion and kindness.
- We are a voice for change and justice.
- We build relationships based on trust.
- We respect each other.
- We are straightforward in all our dealings.
- We believe in practical hands-on hard work.
- We collaborate across all sectors of society.