Location: Westminster, London
Contract: Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £36,524 (NJC scale range 24-26) Inc. LW + pension and other benefits
Hours of work: 35 hours per week excluding breaks, Monday-Friday
Annual leave: 34 days per annum including bank/statutory holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023
About the role
Working closely with the Manager, the Housing Management Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the housing management aspects of running Passage House Assessment Centre.
- Working with the Manager, to oversee effective health and safety, maintenance and building developments to ensure both a safe and welcoming environment for residents, staff and volunteers.
- Be responsible for direct line management of the PHAC night workers and the Support Assistant.
- To manage and oversee the rota in conjunction with the Manager.
- To provide effective project management at PHAC ensuring that all aspects of the service operate within a psychologically informed way of working.
- To assist in the development of effective policies, procedures and systems at Passage House Assessment Centre which underpin the service and provide effective ways to record and celebrate the work undertaken with clients to satisfy both internal and external reporting needs.
- In conjunction with the Passage House Manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of The Passage.
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- To ensure that all The Passage policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The Passage’s Diversity and Equality Policy as it affects both The Passage and its work with vulnerable adults.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of The Passage.
- Experience of delivering support services to vulnerable people in supported accommodation or similar setting.
- Effective experience of housing management processes in a supported accommodation or similar setting including oversight of health and safety, maintenance, finance, rota and other housing management related tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability of building and developing effective relationships with a vulnerable, disadvantaged or excluded client group.
- Awareness of line managing and supervising staff.
Above all we are looking for inspiring and committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people, and to help them to rebuild their lives.
- Effective knowledge of Health and Safety processes and procedures and the implications of this in the working environment.
- Knowledge of homelessness, understanding of the varied needs of homeless people and those at acute risk of homelessness.
- An understanding and experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to understanding the range of approaches and methods appropriate for working with a multiply disadvantaged resident group and a willingness to creatively support clients to achieve their ambitions.
If you would like to find out more about the career opportunities at The Passage, or discuss any disability access requirements you may have, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat on 020 7592 1885.
Alternatively, you can contact us via email.
All applicants must read the full job description before applying: