The locum bank of casual workers provides temporary cover, ensuring our services can continue to run smoothly when there are staffing gaps.
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: £13.15 per hour
Hours of work: Shifts are available for both day and night worker roles, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Closing Date: Rolling advert
About the role
As a casual locum worker, you will work flexibly on an ad hoc or temporary basis and can chose to work the shifts that best fit your circumstances – this can be day or night and covering different level roles, depending on your experience. Depending on your skills, expertise and preferences, you may be covering outreach shifts where you engage with people in a street-based setting, working in the Resource Centre to support clients engaging with one of our Community Service teams, or covering shifts in one of our accommodation services providing support to the residents.
Specific role duties will be dependent on the service, but could include:
- Working as part of the team to provide a safe and welcoming environment for homeless and vulnerable people
- Providing accessible and relevant services for the people that we work with
- Engaging and assessing clients & residents and provide appropriate sign posting and onward referrals to meet the individual client needs
- Inducting new clients/residents to the service
- Assessing any risk to clients, the environment and staff, record and communicate any risks identified using appropriate channels, and support staff to minimise risks to the best of your ability thus maintaining a safe environment for clients and staff
- Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the service
- To ensure that all The Passage policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The Passage’s Diversity and Equality Policy as it affects both The Passage and its work with vulnerable adults.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of The Passage.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role.
- In depth experience of working, in either a paid or voluntary capacity, with vulnerable people who present with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of working with homeless people.
- Experience of working with relevant legislation relating to welfare benefits and housing and homelessness issues.
- Knowledge of working with clients in a psychological informed environment.
Above all we are looking for inspiring and committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people, and to help them to rebuild their lives.
- Understanding and experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of recent Government homelessness initiatives.
- Ability to make contact and communicate and assess with vulnerable people who can present with challenging behaviour.
- Have a flexible, positive and solution orientated approach to work.
If you would like to find out more about the career opportunities at The Passage, or discuss any disability access requirements you may have, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat on 020 7592 1885.
Alternatively, you can contact us via email.
All applicants must read the full job description before applying: