FAQS – Hackney Half marathon
How Do I Register?
An easy few steps to confirm your place today:
- Complete the online Hackney Half form on our website
- Pay your registration fee of £30
- You will be sent a confirmation email – time to start your training and fundraising!
When you sign up to the Hackney half marathon in support of The Passage the following is included:
- guaranteed entry into the Hackney Half Marathon
- participant running vest or t-shirt
- training and fundraising support throughout the lead up to the event and after
- certificate of completion
- a chance to take part in one of England’s most popular half marathons.
Fundraising and Training Support for you
It’s quite a commitment to fundraise and train for a half marathon in support of The Passage. That’s why you can expect a bucket load of support from the events team including:
- A free running vest
- Detailed training guides to help with plans, nutrition, avoiding injuries and more
- Email and telephone contact with a dedicated events manager to help you with advice, fundraising materials, inspiration and guidance to help you reach your target
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do I have to commit to raising in return for a guaranteed charity place?
In return for your guaranteed place, support and everything included we would ask you to commit to a minimum fundraising amount of £300 to ensure as much money as possible goes towards the charity. When you hit the minimum amount you don’t have to stop there, keep going and try raise as much as you can!
How do I raise my sponsorship money?
There are loads of ideas to raise your money and once you sign up you will get a bucket load of ideas and support from the events team to help you reach and smash your target! A couple of suggestions:
- Online fundraising is a great way to ask for sponsorship even if your friend lives on the other side of the world
- Fundraising event like a pub quiz or charity dinner party – the secret is to give people something in return for their money and then they won’t mind parting with some money!
- Corporate match funding – check with your employer they may offer you a donation or corporate match funding on whatever your raise for us
Do I need to hand in my sponsorship before the challenge?
You will need to raise at least 80% of your fundraising (£240) four weeks before the event with the rest of your funds being sent into the charity no more than four weeks after the challenge. Any money raised through your online sponsorship page will be sent to us directly on a monthly basis.
What will my sponsorship money be used for?
The money raised will go towards The Passage’s vital work so we can continue to provide resources and services to help us to transform the lives of people who are homeless and insecurely housed.
We simply would not be able to carry out the vital frontline work that we do, without the support of our magnificent fundraisers. Of every £1 that is raised, 93p of that amount goes directly towards our homelessness services.