Snowdon Sunrise Hike
Saturday 27th April 2024
Sign up today
Create a memory never to be forgotten, as you see the sun rise over the Snowdon National Park!
Distance: 930m ascent/descent
Registration fee: £40
Minimum sponsorship: £300
Location: Llanberis, Snowdonia
Arrival time: 1.50am (Saturday morning)
Walk start time: 2.00am
You will be supported every step of the way, by experienced Mountain Leaders, and will be invited to celebrate at the finish line with a well-deserved breakfast.
We will be ascending during the stillness of the night, and with Snowdon National Park being an International Dark Sky Reserve, we will hopefully be treated to a stunning walk under a blanket of stars.
We aim to reach the summit, 1085m, in time for dawn breaking over the magnificent Snowdonia National Park and will stay to admire and soak in the full sunrise. We will then descend back the same way, being able to see the landscape and national park in a whole new light – quite literally!
We are here to support you every step of the way, in the lead up to and on the day.
We will provide advice and information to help you focus on your training and fundraising goals.
You will also receive:
- Training and fundraising advice
- Pre-challenge zoom briefing: what to expect, kit, training & Q&A
- Dedicated support from Rachel, Events Manager, who will provide information and support in the run-up to your event
- A free technical trekking top to wear on the day
- A training guide to help you every step of the way
- Qualified Mountain Leader Guides from Whats Not to Hike
- Breakfast at the end of your challenge
- A warm welcome on the day from The Passage team
- A well-deserved medal and certificate on completion of the trek
- A month after the event day to continue fundraising
What you will need to arrange
- Head torch – A head torch is essential for this trip. Anyone without a head torch will not be allowed to join the walk. You must also bring replacement batteries.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal trekking kit (trekking boots, poles, etc.)
- Transport and accommodation
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Call 020 7592 1850 or contact [email protected]