|Closing date:||28/09/2020 10:00 am|
|Contract:||Fixed Term until March 2021 (we will endeavour to try and secure further funding beyond this point)|
|Salary:||£28,299pa inc LW + pension and other benefits (NJC scale range point 19-22)|
|Hours:||Average 35 hours per week excluding breaks. You will be expected to work a flexible shift system that will involve working between Monday to Sunday within the hours 8.00am to 10.30pm on a rota basis|
We are currently seeking 3 Assessment and Resettlement Workers to join our team at our assessment centre, Passage House.
Passage House Assessment Centre aims to provide the highest quality support to men and women who find themselves sleeping rough in Westminster by providing a safe and welcoming place to stay for up to 28 days whilst planning their resettlement. Passage House focuses on a rapid assessment process which is supportive and assertive. We aim to develop therapeutic relationships with residents so they can be fully involved in tailoring their resettlement plans and be better equipped and more able to overcome negative cycles of behaviour and experiences within the context of 28 day model.
The Assessment and Resettlement Worker will hold a case load and deliver, in conjunction with other members of the team, the Passage House Assessment Centre service by carrying out comprehensive assessments; facilitating the rapid resettlement of all individuals who are referred to and accepted by the Passage House.
An enhanced DBS check is required as this position will involve working directly with vulnerable adults
- To be responsible to the Case Coordination Team for the day-to-day delivery of the assessment, support and resettlement of all individuals on your case load by:
- Conducting thorough, needs led assessments and co-produce informed, accurate and effective Routes off the Street.
- Facilitate supported resettlement and advice through case management to the services and areas most appropriate for individuals to move sustainably off the streets from Passage House Assessment Centre. This includes accompanying clients to housing presentations and presenting their case to housing officers.
- Referring to specialist agencies, such as substance misuse, welfare rights, advocacy, medical and legal services in home areas as appropriate.
- In liaison with the Advice and Administration worker to advise clients of, and assisting them to obtain, their welfare, housing and related rights, by employing a detailed knowledge of and complying with relevant legislation, in particular in the areas of housing, homelessness, rough sleeping, health and social care to support clients
- To deliver a personalised, Psychologically and Trauma Informed service that is solution and outcomes focused
- Provide appropriate advice and support to enable individuals to improve their health and wellbeing.
- To actively take part in team debriefs, facilitated discussions and reflective practice to develop the necessary skills and support in carrying out client work.
- To handle incidents effectively, prioritising the safety of the clients and the building, and dealing with them in an appropriate and sensitive manner that considers the clients’ needs at all times
- Maintain individual, up to date and accurate client data by inputting into INFORM/ CHAIN recording system.
- As part of a team, to support the engagement workers on shift to perform any additional duties, including some housekeeping, necessary to keep Passage House Assessment Centre a safe and welcoming environment for all.
- To accompany the commissioned outreach service on a daytime outreach shift to specifically target potential Passage House Assessment Centre clients. This will form a small but important aspect of the role and is likely to be a few hours on a bi-monthly basis
- The person specification sets out the essential abilities and qualities that will be used in the selection criteria for this post. When completing your application form, please address criteria E1 to E6 and K1 to K8 demonstrating your experience and knowledge, giving evidence of your experience and abilities.
- E1 Experience of undertaking comprehensive Assessments and Resettlement support to socially excluded clients in an No Second Night Out or similar setting.
- E2 Experience of working within a team and achieving strong and effective relationships with others in order to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- E3 Experience of effective engagement and relationship building with clients and providing sensitive psychologically and trauma informed interventions to ensure individual’s needs are identified and addressed.
- E4 Experience of building and developing effective relationships with a vulnerable, disadvantaged or excluded client group
- E5 Experience of working with people with challenging behaviour including those with complex needs.
- E6 The ability to participate in the development of services, policies, and practices
- K1 Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice, e.g. Housing Legislation, Rough Sleeping Strategies, Mental Health Act, Housing Act, Enforcement Orders, Central and Local Government Strategies.
- K2 Knowledge of the Welfare rights available to the client group
- K3 An understanding of the causes of homelessness and of the often complex needs of individuals who are homeless or at acute risk of homelessness.
- K4 An understanding of the issues involved in resettling street homeless individuals and the benefits and challenges of reconnection.
- K5 Knowledge and awareness of the outreach practices to engage with rough sleepers including awareness of the need for a supportive but assertive approach
- K6 Knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications of this in the working environment.
- K7 Knowledge of requirements of Supporting People and psychologically informed ways of working within a residential setting.
- K8 Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedure.
In addition to our current job vacancies, we are always looking for volunteers
The Passage has a strong culture of volunteering and we are very grateful to those who offer their time and skills to support our work.[BUTTON]