|Closing date:||30/09/2020 10:00 am|
|Contract:||Fixed Term until March 2021 (we will endeavour to try and secure further funding beyond this point)|
|Salary:||£10.75 per hour + Pension and other benefits|
|Hours:||An average of 45½ hours per week excluding breaks – waking night shifts - Rota of 3 nights on and 3 nights off - Monday to Friday – 19:30 to 8:30/ Saturday to Sunday – 20:30-9:30.|
Montfort House is a 16 bed supported housing project for homeless men, women and couples. Priority is given to the most vulnerable rough sleepers especially RS205 referrals as well as couples & other individuals with complex needs providing them a safe and supportive environment. We aim to develop therapeutic relationships with residents so they can be fully involved in tailoring their support plans and be better equipped and more able to overcome negative cycles of behaviour and experiences.
The Assistant Night Concierge will work closely with the Night Concierge to be available to deal with urgent resident or neighbour issues as they arise. The role will be based at Montfort House and will also be responsible for managing the building to ensure that the accommodation provided to residents is safe and secure through the provision of overnight concierge service and security. This includes controlling access to buildings, being the first point of contact for all emergencies and carrying out Health and Safety checks and cleaning.
An enhanced DBS check is required as this position will involve working directly with vulnerable adults
- To provide basic first contact advice and security to residents and contacting the On Call service/emergency services if appropriate.
- To provide front line support for maintenance issues as a result of building patrols and notifications of alerts through the BMS. Dealing with basic maintenance or cleaning issues overnight as they arise – i.e. changing light bulbs, clearing up broken glass etc.
- To actively ensure the safety and security of the building through regular Health and Safety Checks/patrols, and monitoring of the CCTV systems.
- To deal with emergency situations taking action in the event of a fire or other incidents and being responsible for calling emergency services in an appropriate manner.
- To keep appropriate records of all work and activities within the project in accordance with procedures.
- To carry out the nightly duties on a cleaning rota as required within the building.
- To undertake administration duties including incident logs and handover notes, implementing rules, policies and procedures as required.
- To treat residents and their concerns with dignity and respect ensuring you remain calm and objective when dealing with difficult or problematic situations.
- To deal with any neighbour concerns or complaints as they arise and report these to the on call or project manager after each shift.
- To complement and support the work of other project staff by the recording and handing over of relevant information after each shift.
- This person specification sets out the essential abilities and qualities that will be used in the selection criteria for the post. When completing your application form, please address criteria E1 to E4 and K1 to K6 demonstrating your experience and knowledge, and give evidence of your experience and abilities.
- E1 Experience of managing overnight security, preferably in a residential housing project.
- E2 Experience of monitoring CCTV systems and managing health and safety issues.
- E3 Experience of working with vulnerable clients
- E4 Experience of building and developing effective relationships with a vulnerable, disadvantaged or excluded client group
- K1 Knowledge of homelessness, understanding of the varied needs of homeless people and those at acute risk of homelessness.
- K2 Knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications of this in the working environment
- K3 Knowledge/understanding of the practices working within a psychologically informed environment within a residential setting
- K4 Knowledge of Facilities Management.
- K5 An understanding and experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- K6 Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedure
In addition to our current job vacancies, we are always looking for volunteers
The Passage has a strong culture of volunteering and we are very grateful to those who offer their time and skills to support our work.[BUTTON]