|Closing date:||12/08/2020 10:00 am|
|Interview date:||21 August, 2020|
|Contract:||Fixed Term until August 2021|
|Salary:||£26,411 pa NJC scale point 15 inc LW+pension and other benefits|
|Hours:||35 hours per week|
We are currently seeking a Project Link Worker to join our Rough Sleepers Service in our resource centre.
The Passage Resource Centre provides a safe environment for those who are rough sleeping and insecurely housed. We provide a range of services for those who are seeking a solution to changing their rough sleeping situation. We are currently piloting a new model of service to reflect the Passage moving to an advice and support hub through an appointment based effective and seamless service.
The Project Link Worker will provide a warm welcome and safe environment for our clients which is responsive to their needs. They will also ensure that the initial engagement with our clients are carried out in a positive, helpful manner and are delivered with enthusiasm.
They will work as a link worker between the Rough Sleepers Service and Employment and Training Service to assist clients with their development of skills and tools to enable their search for employment or training options independently. They will assess clients’ needs and engage in joint action planning targeted to meet identified needs and to sign-post clients to internal and external services specifically able to meet their needs.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post as the post holder will be directly working with vulnerable adults
- To be the first point of contact for our clients ensuring they are provided with a warm and welcome greeting.
- To conduct assessments with clients ensuring they are carried out in a psychologically and therapeutic way with both new and returning clients
- To work with clients using a compassion focused therapy approach to enable the best possible outcome for those clients who have experienced trauma
- To assist in the design and delivery of a comprehensive induction service for clients ensuring they understand how the Passage will work them
- To draw up physiologically informed action plans for clients ensuring they are person centered and taking into consideration the clients views
- To refer our clients to both internal and external agencies as appropriate to their action plans.
- To work with external agencies using a multi-disciplinary team approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients
- To provide accessible and relevant services for users of the resource center
- To design and deliver training programs to clients
- To ensure the environment is a safe and welcoming place for clients ensuring that any health and safety concerns are reported appropriately using the correct systems.
- To risk manage incidents using a psychologically informed approach
- To conduct an initial assessment /ETE induction to identify client needs and refer/signpost to Internal/external services as appropriate
- To identify employment pathways for clients and refer appropriately
- To design and deliver client induction process to ensure these meet the physiological way of working
- To research affordable temporary accommodation options for clients
- To offer clients the opportunity to discuss issues regarding employment and education affecting them, in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- This person specification sets out the essential abilities and qualities which are used in the selection criteria for the post. When completing your supporting statement please address criteria E1 to E8 and K1 to K7 demonstrating your understanding and knowledge, and give evidence of your experience and abilities.
- E1 Experience of applying a customer focused approach to all areas of work
- E2 Experience of working with vulnerable people who present with complex support needs in a person centered and psychologically informed way
- E3 Experience of carrying out assess ments in a psychologically informed environment across our client group
- E4 Experience of incident management within a psychological informed framework
- E5 Experience of record keeping using databases
- E6 Experience of working in a busy and challenging environment and managing conflicting priorities
- E7 Experience of supporting and encouraging vulnerable individuals in accessing employment and education opportunities.
- E8 Experience of designing and delivering training on a one to one basis.
- K1 Knowledge of how to work with clients within a psychologically informed framework
- K2 Knowledge of assessment processes and how to use them when working with a complex client group
- K3 Knowledge of applying compassion focused therapy solutions
- K4 Knowledge of risk and incident management in a psychologically informed manner
- K5 Knowledge of welfare rights and how they impact on our client group
- K6 Knowledge of homelessness resources and how to access them to obtain a positive outcome for our clients
- K7 Knowledge of training, accreditation methods and employment opportunities (voluntary or paid)
In addition to our current job vacancies, we are always looking for volunteers
The Passage has a strong culture of volunteering and we are very grateful to those who offer their time and skills to support our work.[BUTTON]