Together We Move
Together We Move is a challenge event with a difference! Culminating on Sunday 27 September 2020, it is open to everyone; no matter how fit you are, how much time you have or where you live.
This is your challenge, the choice is yours.
It’s easy to take part:
Date: 1-27 September 2020
Location: Your local area
Sponsorship target: Raise as much as you can
Stay safe by following government guidelines, and maintaining social distancing with people outside your household or social bubble
Together We Move so rough sleepers have a place to call home!
Why are we hosting this challenge?
The Passage has been supporting London’s rough sleeping community for 40 years. During the Covid-19 crisis, we rapidly moved our clients off the streets into temporary accommodation to keep them safe. We are now helping 100 people to find a permanent place they can call home and we invite you to join us as we move together.
What are we asking you to do?
Set yourself a running, walking or cycling challenge. Run, walk or cycle 100km solo or 50km each as a team of two, 10k a day for 10 days solo, or 10k each as a team of ten on the day – the distance and challenge is your choice! Try and incorporate the number 100, as this is the number of people we will initially be helping to move into their own homes.
Lockdown has been a difficult time with many of us isolated from friends and family. By taking part in Together We Move, you will join a community that cares deeply about ending homelessness. With restrictions beginning to ease, this is a fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself, either by going solo, or together with others in your household, or with friends and family (following the latest government guidance), or a virtual team relay with colleagues.
When does the challenge take place?
Together We Move will start on Tuesday 1 September and you have until Sunday 27 September to complete your challenge. It’s very flexible – you can either complete your whole challenge on 27 September or, if your challenge runs for several days such as 10km every day for 10 days, you would just need to finish the last 10km on the 27th. The important thing is that everyone is moving together on 27 September!
There is no minimum sponsorship required, but if you raise £100 or more per person you will receive a limited-edition medal.
Every step we take together will help rough sleepers to find a home for good.
- Do 50km each if it was 2 people on Sunday 27 September
- 10 km a day for 10 days reaching 100k overall the last 10k on 27 September
- Team relay of 10 people all doing 10k on the Sunday
- Can you and your colleagues collectively walk, run or cycle 100km?
- Or can you step up the challenge, and do 100km of each exercise?
How we will help you:
- You’ll be part of a wider Together We Move community where you will see fellow participants progress on leaderboards and join our facebook group here to share updates and see what others are doing
- Tips and advice on how to choose your distance
- Extra fundraising resources
- Regular check ins to keep you motivated
- A personalised virtual certificate to celebrate and share your achievements.
- A Together We Move medal when you raise £100 or more!
Got any questions? Check out our FAQs. Contact us at [email protected]. We’d love to get you started on your journey!