South Downs Trekathon
Date: 3rd September 2022
Where: Lewes, East Sussex
Registration fee: £30
Minimum sponsorship amount: £250
Distance: 9, 15, 26 miles
Start time: 8am
Join #TeamPassage on the walk of the year as you and your friends take part in this exciting challenge; in the beautiful Sussex countryside! Whether you enjoy a Sunday stroll, a long walk with your four-legged friend, or are an experienced hiker – there’s a distance to suit you.
A team of experienced guides will be with you every step of the way.
Join us for a great day out and help us to support those who have experienced homelessness, and those at risk of becoming street homeless.
Dogs are welcome, however join at your own responsibility. A good level of fitness with prior training is required to take part in the 26 mile challenge; training tips will be provided.
9 miles distance
With a 244m ascent, finishing along the pretty and picturesque River Ouse. This walk can take up to 4.5 hours to complete – download route map.
15 miles distance
With a 593m ascent, this route takes in the highest point in East Sussex, Ditchling Beacon. Enjoy views of rolling patchwork hills meet white coastal cliffs. This walk can take up to 8 hours to complete – download route map.
26 miles distance
With a 943m ascent, experience panoramic views as if you were on the top of the world as the route takes in two highpoints of the South Downs Way, Firle Beacon and the National Trust’s Ditchling Beacon. This walk can take up to 12.5 hours to complete – download route map.
You must be over 18 to take part in the 26 mile challenge.
How we support you
We’re with you every step of the way towards event day with advice and information so you can just focus on your training and fundraising. We’ll also provide:
- Guaranteed entry into the South Downs Challenge, organised by The Passage
- Our fundraising and training guide to help you every step of the way
- Dedicated support from The Passage’s Events Manager
- Free technical trekking top to personalise and wear on the day
- Qualified Mountain Leader Guides trekking with you from Clear View Events
- A warm welcome on the day from The Passage team who will be trekking with you
- A well-deserved medal and certificate on your completion of the trek
- A chance to experience some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery
You might find your answer in our FAQs,
Or you can send us an email using the link below, or give us a call on 020 7592 1850 and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Any questions? Email [email protected]