South Downs Trekathon
South Downs Trekathon 2022
Walk with a purpose this September.
Join #TeamPassage and an experienced team of guides as we explore the beautiful South Downs countryside, and raise funds to help support those at risk of or affected by homelessness.
Date: 3rd September 2022, 8:30am
Where: Lewes, East Sussex
Distance: 9, 15 or 26 miles
Registration fee: £30
Fundraising goal: £250
Read our guide for tips to maximise your fundraising efforts.
Why we need your support:
The current cost of living crisis is putting many people at risk of becoming homeless.
The money you raise by taking part in this event will ensure that we can continue to prevent people from ever becoming homeless, and to support those who have experienced homelessness.
“Uplifting, motivating and scenic”
– South Downs Trekathon Participant 2021
With three distances to choose from, there is something for all abilities. We welcome you, your friends and family to join us as we tour one of the UK’s hottest countryside spots. Four legged-friends are welcome at your own responsibility.
See the details of each route below.
9 miles distance
With a 244m ascent, finishing along the pretty and picturesque River Ouse. This walk can take up to 4.5 hours to complete – download route map.
15 miles distance
With a 593m ascent, this route takes in the highest point in East Sussex, Ditchling Beacon. Enjoy views of rolling patchwork hills meet white coastal cliffs. This walk can take up to 8 hours to complete – download route map.
26 miles distance
With a 943m ascent, experience panoramic views as if you were on the top of the world as the route takes in two highpoints of the South Downs Way, Firle Beacon and the National Trust’s Ditchling Beacon. This walk can take up to 12.5 hours to complete – download route map.
To take part in the 26 mile challenge you must be over 18 and have a good level of fitness; prior training is required. Training tips will be provided.
We Are Here To Support You Every Step Of The Way
We are on hand to provide you with the advice and information needed, so you can focus on your training and fundraising. We also provide:
- A fundraising guide to help you achieve the target
- A training guide to help you every step of the way
- Dedicated support from Rachel, Events Manager at The Passage
- A free technical trekking top to personalise and wear on the day
- Qualified Mountain Leader Guides walking with you from Clear View Events
- A warm welcome on the day from The Passage team who join along the way
- A well-deserved medal and certificate on your completion of the trek
- A chance to experience some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery