South Downs Trekathon
A huge well done and thank you to our team of 30 amazing walkers who completed the South Downs Trekathon and raised over £13,000.
If you would like to be the first to hear about our 2022 event, please register your interest below.
Register to find out about South Downs Trekathon 2022
This exciting new challenge will have you walking in the beautiful Sussex countryside. Whether you’re a walker and new to challenge events or an experienced trekker – there’s a distance for you! A team of experienced guides will be with you every step of the way. A good level of fitness with prior training is required to take part in this challenge and training tips will also be provided.
Join us for a great day out and help us to transform the lives of people who are homeless.
26 miles distance
With a 943m ascent, experience panoramic views as if you were on the top of the world as the route takes in two highpoints of the South Downs Way, Firle Beacon and the National Trust’s Ditchling Beacon. This walk can take up to 12.5 hours to complete – download route map.
You must be over 18 to take part in the 26 mile challenge.
15 miles distance
With a 593m ascent, this route takes in the highest point in East Sussex, Ditchling Beacon. This walk can take up to 8 hours to complete – download route map.
9 miles distance
With a 244m ascent, finishing along the pretty and picturesque River Ouse. This walk can take up to 4.5 hours to complete – download route map.
How we support you
- We’re with you every step of the way towards event day with advice and information so you can just focus on your training and fundraising. We’ll also provide:
- Guaranteed entry into the South Downs Challenge, organised by The Passage
- Our fundraising and training guide to help you every step of the way
- Dedicated support from The Passage’s Events Manager
- Free technical trekking top to personalise and wear on the day · Qualified Mountain Leader Guides trekking with you from Clear View Events
- A warm welcome on the day from The Passage team who will be trekking with you
- A well-deserved medal and certificate on your completion of the trek
- A chance to experience some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery
Our Pandemic Promise
The Passage are working with event organisers to make sure any future events are safe and are following current Government guidelines. We have plans to make sure any future cheer points and post-race plans are socially distanced, hygienic and safe for our event participants, staff and volunteers. We’ll be in touch in the lead up to your event with plans, FAQs and anything you need to know about your event and the safety measures in place.
If your event is cancelled or postponed in 2021, we will give you the option to defer your charity place to a future date or an alternative event, or provide options for a full refund for your registration fee.
Please note, standard terms and conditions still apply.
You might find your answer in our FAQs,
Or you can send us an email using the link below, or give us a call on 020 7592 1850 and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Any questions? Email [email protected]