Terms and conditions – Royal Parks
These Terms & Conditions govern your participation in Royal Parks.
1. By registering for the Event, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
2. You acknowledge that you will be contacted by email, phone, SMS and post in relation to the event you have registered for, ensuring The Passage can deliver the necessary administrative and event-related communications required to complete your successful participation and fundraising for the event. This will include communications about:
- Completing your registration for the event with any third-party providers;
- Training advice, plans and access to personal trainers through our social media platforms;
- Access to our Passage event Facebook groups;
- Running vest via post;
- Fundraising advice and tips;
- Information about how money raised by supporters is spent by The Passage; and
- Links to online content relevant to your participation in the event.
3. You understand that you must be at least 18 years old on the date of the event to enter.
4. You acknowledge that failure to respond to communications from The Passage’s Events team about completing your registration or fundraising may put your event place at risk.
5. You agree to pay a registration fee to secure your guaranteed place, which is non-refundable and this cannot be used towards your sponsorship pledge.
6. You acknowledge this is a fundraising event and commit to raise the minimum sponsorship of £350, excluding any Gift Aid.
7. You agree to represent and raise money exclusively for The Passage in this event. You must not put undue pressure on people to sponsor you, or do anything that may harm the reputation of The Passage or act in a manner contrary to our values.
8. You agree to carry out your fundraising in accordance with our Fundraiser’s code of practice:
- I will not use The Passage or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from The Passage and will allow The Passage to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
- I will tell my sponsors that I am raising money “in aid of” The Passage.
- I will not incur nor am I authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of The Passage.
- I will contact The Passage before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by The Passage in connection with this kind of event.
- I will obtain approval from The Passage before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
- I will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
9. We have a limited number of places so if your circumstances change and you are unable to take part in the event for us then please do let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to someone else.
10. You agree to send all sponsorship funds collected or raised to The Passage no later than four weeks after the Event (deadline 9th November). All payments to The Passage shall be made via debit or credit card, cheque, bank transfer or via a secure online fundraising page. You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your sponsorship are made payable to The Passage and sent to the Events team with the event name, your full name, and address.
11. Any fundraised money collected must be forwarded to The Passage and this will be treated as a donation unless sponsors specifically ask for it to be returned to them. The Passage is unable to return anonymous donations. You agree that should you, for whatever reason, not take part in the event or the event is cancelled, it is your responsibility to contact your sponsors telling them you are no longer participating in the event, and what will happen to their sponsor money. All sponsorship monies will be retained by The Passage unless your sponsors request in writing that the charity return it to them within one month of your cancellation (not applicable for online donations).
12. I understand that all participants take part in the Event at their own risk and agree that, as far as they are aware, are suitably fit and physically able to compete in the event. Participants who have any doubt about their health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, must obtain their doctor’s approval before participating in any Event. I understand that the participant is solely responsible for acting on doctor’s advice and the The Passage shall not be held responsible for any injury or illness that may be caused as a result of the event
13. I understand that each participant is responsible for their own actions whilst attending and/or participating in the event. The Passage accepts no responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions. This continues to the participants personal belongings, they are brought and stored at their own risk and the The Passage accepts no responsibility for any items that are damaged, lost or stolen at the event.
14. No illegal substance, performance enhancing substances or intoxicants of any kind are permitted to be brought to the any of the The Passage events or used by a participants prior or during the event. The Passage reserve the right to refuse attendance at or participation in the event to anyone who has consumed and/or have in their possession any illegal substance, performance enhancing substances or intoxicants of any kind.
15. The organiser, Limelight events, specialises in challenges of this nature and is solely responsible for organising and running the event, including the safety of participants. Neither the The Passage nor Limelight Events will accept liability for any injury, loss or damage unless it arises from the negligence of The Passage or Limelight Events as the case may be.
16. You acknowledge that any photography or film footage taken as part of your participation in the event can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this specific event and any future Passage events activity, including but not limited to promotion on The Passage’s and third-party websites, social media, in online and print media publications and other marketing materials. If you do not wish for your image to be used in this way, please contact the Events team using the details below.