As The Passage relies on volunteers for service delivery, we are looking for volunteers who can commit to volunteering once a week or fortnight. We have vacancies for the following shifts:
Mondays - 6pm -10pm (weekly - w)
What will I be doing?
- What does the role involve?
- Answering telephone calls, transferring calls, and taking messages
- Answering the door and welcoming residents and visitors
- Taking the time to engage with residents in a friendly and welcoming manner
What skills do I need?
- You’re compassionate, kind and non-judgemental
- You’re computer literate
- You’re friendly and welcoming
- You’re calm under pressure
- You’re committed and reliable
- You’re patient and able to motivate and engage others
- You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Helpful and supportive team - ready to help and support you make a difference to our vulnerable clients.
- Volunteer induction
- Shadow shift with existing volunteer
- Supervision from a Project Worker at Passage House & support from the Volunteering Team
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Volunteer Registration Form
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- We will ask for personal referees