We are seeking volunteers who can do one session a week either from 9am – 12.00 or 1pm – 3.30pm
About this Role
We are seeking volunteers to conduct phone calls to see how our clients re getting on and to signpost them into our and other services. You will be matched with a caseworker who will support you.
What will I be doing?
- Calling clients who are in accommodation to see how they are getting on
- Signposting clients into Passage and other local services
- Booking clients into hotel accommodation if required
- Escalating any safeguarding issues to a member of staff as soon as they arise
What skills do I need?
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- Confident telephone manner and polite and welcoming customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non judgmental attitude
- Active listening skills and ability to ask open questions
- Patience and ability to engage with a range of service users
- IT literacy
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision from a case worker in our Prevention and Partnership Team
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Volunteer Registration Form
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- We will ask for personal referees