Every weekday morning Drivers and Drivers mates collect our regular food donations every weekday morning
so we are seeking people who can volunteer one or more day a week, 7.30am - approx 11.30 am
Drivers Mates also assist with moving clients into new homes. If are also available on an ad hoc basis it would be good to know. Client moves are arranged as and when they happen.
The Primary Services Team is responsible for the provision of our laundry services and breakfast and lunch services.
About this Role
Our Volunteer Drivers and Driver's Mates go out every weekday morning to collect food donations from across London that we use in our kitchen. We also receive donations of clothing and food from our various corporate supporters in London, particularly from October - mid January.
Drivers Mates also help us to move clients into new accommodation and with our fundraising events which also involve using the van.
This is a physically demanding role that requires a certain level of strength and fitness, and would suit anyone who is enthusiastic and likes to be out and about. If you are a confident driver that could fill in for the driver that would be a bonus but not essential.
Tasks will include:
- Accompany Volunteer Driver on weekday morning food collections
- Assist with moving clients belongings and furniture when they find accomodation
- Accompany Volunteer Driver to collect donations of clothing and goods for businesses
- Aged 18 or over - ESSENTIAL
- Physically fit as the role involves some lifting - ESSENTIAL
- Reliable and punctual
- A welcoming, friendly and respectful attitude towards donors and clients
- Ability to adhere to The Passage values and policies
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgemental attitude
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction into The Passage
- Instruction, guidance and support to carry out your role effectively
- Travel expenses reimbursed in line with our finance policy
- A friendly environment and a rewarding experience
Complete the application and Equality and Diversity monitoring forms and email to [email protected]
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Please download an application form. Email completed forms to [email protected] or post printed forms to St Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1NL