We are seeking volunteers who can do:
The workshops will run from Carlisle Place or Camden Hub, hours can be flexible depending on your schedule.
About this Role
We are seeking a volunteer to help deliver a brand-new Conversation Club for people experiencing homelessness to improve their English. The volunteers will work with Passage’s Roma Employment Coach and Pre-Employment and Resilience Coach to develop Conversation Club ideas and resources and deliver a Conversation Club once per week (either from The Passage in Victoria or from the Camden Hub).
The workshops will focus on building conversational skills in English and focus on weekly topics such as music, film, art, and games in order to create a fun learning environment.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering a 1 hour English conversation class for people experiencing homelessness who want to improve their English, supported by our Roma Employment Coach and our Pre-Employment & Resilience Coach
- Planning the content of the Conversation Club sessions, with the support of our Roma Employment Coach and Pre-Employment and Resilience Coach
- Adapting as you go along to ensure sessions are engaging and beneficial for our clients
- Creating a friendly and inclusive learning environment
What skills do I need?
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- Ability to plan classes
- Confidence in facilitating and leading groups
- Confidence in dealing with various teams at The Passage
- Experience in teaching ESOL, preferably qualified, or previous experience delivering language-based workshops
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgmental attitude
- Patience and ability to engage with a range of service users
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
- Respectful and empowering attitude
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision from our Employment Strategy Manager
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Volunteer Registration Form
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- We will ask for personal referees