Driving tasks are usually between 30 minutes - 2 hours. This role is ad hoc so we are seeking to build up a pool of drivers.
About this Role
Our Volunteer Drivers help with food collections, people moving into accommodation and events.
Food collections happen on weekday mornings once or twice a week depending on what is available.
Moves are arranged as and when they happen, usually on weekday afternoons.
We have at least three events each year that require volunteer drivers.
Our next event is on Thursday 7th July and we require two drivers between 13.30 – 17.30 and 18.00 – 23.00
What will I be doing?
- Driving rental van for task required
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What skills do I need?
- Aged 21 or over
- Hold full driving license for at least one year with no convictions or accidents
- Own a smart phone (required for locking/unlocking hire vehicles)
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision from Community Fundraising
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
- References if you volunteer for at least three months
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Volunteer Registration Form
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- We will ask for personal referees