We are looking for someone who can volunteer from 11am – 3pm on a weekday, possibly a different day each week depending on whether our Anti Modern Slavery Team has any referrals that week. When a potential victim is identified, we will get in touch with you to arrange a day for you to come in to interpret for the client and so they can be assessed. The assessment needs to take place ideally with 48 hours of the referral.
About this Role
What does the role involve?
Assisting the Rough Sleepers team with their assessments of Romanian clients by interpreting
When there are no assessments to be done, assisting the team with engaging with Romanian clients and other clients within the centre
Translation of documents into Romanian
What skills do I need?
- Aged 18 or over – essential
- Fluent in Romanian and English - essential
- Qualified Interpreter – essential
- Own Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non judgmental attitude
- Flexibility around volunteering days
- Patience and ability to engage with others
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures
What you can expect:
- Volunteer induction and in the role training
- Supervision by Anti Modern day Slavery Team
- Travel expenses reimbursed according with our Finance Policy
The role is subject to the provision of two references, an informal interview and attendance at a Volunteer Induction session. For questions about the role or the application process, please contact the Volunteering Team on 0207 592 1863
Volunteer Registration Form
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- We will ask for personal referees